mercredi 8 juin 2011

One week down!


Hiiii! So were probably going to be pretty busy from now on because of class and homework, but I'm going to try to at least post every other day!!

So classes got switched up a little bit yesterday - one of the other girls, Kat, who is going to be a sophomore at Georgetown next year, and I were discussing how many chapters we are going to go through this summer because both of us need to get through enough to go into third year in the fall. Our class as it was, wouldn't have so we discussed with the academic director our mini-dilemma. Since three other girls who are already in our class wanted to move up a level already, he just moved our whole class to level A (we were already in B, so it wasn't a major jump). This means Kat and I have to go through the last two chapters that we are skipping on our own AND do all the work that our class is already doing to catch up with the other A class. Hence, I will be super busy for the next little while.

I have my first quiz on Saturday in colloquial Omani Arabic! I have no idea what it's going to be like since we've learned like 150 new vocab words, so we will see! Luckily we don't get grades for this :)

Two days ago, we also made a fun trip to one of the souqs; it was another fun cultural experience. It was kind of like the market that we shopped in Ecuador, except it was in a huge network of inside hallways. most of the shopkeepers were indian or Pakistani though, so we didn't end up practicing much Arabic with locals...

And we've now been here for a full week! It feels like soooo much longer!! The weirdest part is I keep forgetting what day it is and the weekends here are so strange, because they are Thursday/Friday! So tomorrow is the weekend!! YAYAYAY! I think were doing a movie night tonight, since a lot of us are pretty wiped out from the week, but I think were going to try to do some exploring over the next two days, particularly visiting the beach, so I'll hopefully have some fun stories to write about.

Oh and the picture above is of the Mosque! Isn't it beautiful??

Send me emails!! I'll have some time to answer this weekend so I'd love to hear from people :) ohipkins@middlebury.edu

Miss everyone! xoxoxo

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire