dimanche 5 juin 2011

Day 4

I know the last post was long, so I'll keep this one short :)

Today we had a lot of class, with an hour and a half of MSA and 2.5 hours of OCA, in addition to a great lecture on Omani/Arabic culture by well known lecturer Shaykh Khalfan al-Isiry. It's nice to be able to focus just on Arabic without worrying about other classes, something similar to the feeling from J-term. I just really enjoy studying Arabic - Tiny nerd-out, sorry. Apparently we are going to go through at least 7 chapters in the Al-Kitaab books, which should be awesome. May have to do a little studying on my own to get ready for 301 Arabic in the Fall haha but that's do-able :)

We also made another trip to Lulu's, which went substantially better. It was 10 times less crowded, and I covered, which made the world's difference. I finally learned how to actually put on the hijab - it looks a lot better haha. Hopefully were going to find some time to go to City Center, where there is a Toys R Us and a Borders; a bunch of us want to buy Arabic books, movies and games.

And one thing I've realized is that I am actually starting to like Middle Eastern food a lot! I was never really a fan until now, but the food here is great! Omani's love food, all of them are so excited to give us restaurant suggestions etc.. And they all love the American fast food chains here, specifically McDonald's, KFC, and Pizza Hut. Who knew?

Hope everyone is doing well!
xoxo

1 commentaire:

  1. Great blog Liv! Thanks for keeping us up to date. Enjoy your adventure. It sounds amazing.
    -Trent

    RépondreSupprimer