lundi 16 juillet 2012

Le fin


« Qui a l’habitude de voyager sait qu’il arrive toujours un moment où il faut partir »

- Paolo Coelho

Ah the end of a trip.  It's always difficult when things get down to the end - the tug and pull of two different lives trying to win you over.  Bien sur, I'm looking forward to going home and seeing my family, but then again, I literally can't get over living here.  After spending quite a bit of time speaking English Friday, I actually started getting upset that we weren't speaking French - I wanted to switch back instead, continue the amazing process that we've been mustering through the last six weeks.  The food, the wine, the people, the shopping, the weather, the atmosphere, everything mixes together to create this allure that draws you in and won't let you go.

All the final projects are in, the exams taken (though one of our teachers might think I'm a bit insane - I wrote a redaction about fairies and disappearing women, casual).  Might have slept a total of 16 hours in the last 4 days haha but I guess it happens.  As I always say, you can sleep when you're dead ;)

Today has been super relaxing though, spent some time in town, walking around.  Had lunch at a cafe at the Place de l'Archeveche, tried a scrumptious crepe from a creperie underground, sat on the steps of the Musee Granet etc.  After going out Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night, I really just needed a relaxing last day, and the weather was so beautiful that it really made it perfect.

I think the most impressive part of this day is that I managed to pack all of my things into one bag - even though I bought two jackets, a pair of sneakers and 4 bottles of wine.  I just hope the airline people don't find it necessary to open my bag for any reason haha.  Not sure it will close up again.

Instead of saying goodbye, I'm only saying so long for now, and a bientot - I'll be back when the rain in Paris gets unbearable :)

Now, on to London for a few days, then home sweet home, California.

Bisous!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire